Branding is a combination of elements that tell the story of your business. Your logo, the wording on your website and Facebook page, the look of your printed materials – those pieces work together to present who you are to the public. What does YOUR brand say?
Your Logo: The Face Of Your Brand
Your logo is a visual representation of your story, and should be instantly recognizable to potential clients. To create a logo that tells your story and sticks with potential clients, follow these cardinal rules:
- Keep it simple and easy to remember!
- Choose a strong silhouette that works well in color or black and white.
- Put it everywhere. From office stationary and new business cards, to your Facebook profile image. Make sure it is associated with your brand at every opportunity.
Your Story: The Message Of Your Brand
Your message is your promise to your customer. Take an in-depth look at your company’s values, qualities, and what you offer to potential clients and pare it down to a clear, concise message.
- Develop a one-line pitch of what you offer.
- Get an objective opinion. Make sure your message is clear.
- Make it consistent. From your website and social media pages, to your printed materials and elevator pitch. A consistent message is memorable and effective.
Your Audience: Connect People To Your Brand
There are many ways to identify your target market, and even more avenues for reaching them. One of our favorite ways to promote a brand is to connect with local organizations that share your target audience. Put your advertising dollars to work while supporting the organizations your prospective clients support!
- Identify your target audience.
- Consider what organization you might partner with to offer support.
- Get involved. Ask how you can be a presence at an event to connect with your market in person.